The crisp October wind, the sound of the leaves rustling around, the sound of student cheer filling the air – it’s all coming back to us now as students return physically to their respective schools, colleges, and universities!
That is the current plan anyways, unless the COVID-19 situation unfolds differently (things can still change, of course).
But let’s be hopeful and imagine that, with teachers vaccinated, and students having the option to get vaccinated, after being absent for more than a year, we will be able to catch up on our social relationships and our in-person learning.
Turning to our trusty memes, here are five of them which sum up, both our reaction to this important and timely confirmation, and what we’re looking forward to the most!
1. That rush to the stationery to get our books and supplies sounds exhilarating, but …
... It might be wise to think ahead to avoid the long queues, order online or just chill because there’s still time to get everything in order.
2. That feeling of being in a lecture hall, racking your brain and finally noisily figuring something out in front of everyone, which will restore a bit of the confidence lost …
... also giving said friends, who haven’t seen us in a while, the first embarrassing episode to talk about.
3. The feel-good factor that comes from confiding in a friend face-to-face, and being able to reach out for a hug!
That is just priceless.
4. Realising that the teacher / lecturer is adjusting back to the usual routine too…
We’re all human and this is an emotional time for us all.
5. Going to school is cool … but we still have to behave responsibly and take all the precautions necessary (like washing our hands frequently and thoroughly, carrying our own water bottles, and maintaining mandatory distance in crowded places.
Let’s do this out of respect. We owe it to each other.
What’s your opinion? How did you react when you heard the news? And what are you looking forward to the most?
Let us know on our socials!